To launch a web-shop in a new market is a big decision.
If you choose a country where the competition is overwhelming or where the potential is too low, many hours and a lot of money can be lost. Therefore it is important to verify that your expectations are in line with the market conditions before the final decision is taken.
At the same time it is important to have an overview of the tasks and investments ahead. Which internal resources must be available for the project? What is your best estimate on cost for localisation, IT and the ongoing maintenance and customer support? You need to know the answers to these questions to build a profitable business case. MakesYouLocal can assist in this process.
A market scan will give you an understanding of the competitive situation in the country you are considering. Our goal with the market scan is to give you the insights you need to evaluate the opportunities for your online shop. Will you be competitive?
When you purchase a market scan from MakesYouLocal, you will receive a thorough report covering the following areas:
- Competitor analysis; we identify your most important online competitors and compare their web-shops, processes and USPs
- Price comparison; we compare prices on your top 10 products among the competitors in the new country
- Marketing; you will be introduced to the most important marketing channels in the new market
- We will estimate the CPO (cost per order) you can expect in the new country
- We will share the customer expectations regarding delivery time, return conditions and preferred distributors
A road map is a detailed project plan showing the specific tasks you need to carry out to launch a professional and appealing web-shop in the new country. We look at the processes to be established and the partners you need to work with to succeed. The starting point is a workshop with one of our senior e-commerce specialists, where ambitions and goals are discussed and where we also go through the technical platform and the internal competences available for the project. Based on the workshop will we provide:
- A detailed project plan with milestones and a full timeline
- Our estimate on the cost to external partners such as payment methods, custom handling, trustmarks etc. needed to reach the goal
- An estimate of the costs for letting MakesYouLocal manage the full project or to be responsible for specific tasks